Why I Use Social Media
The other night I had a conversation with Antonia about how she uses social media outlets, and this got me thinking of what I use different social media outlets for.
So here is my list:
Texting: Immediate communication or encouragement (The majority of the time I expect a response).
Twitter: Mostly things I want people to see, but without them feeling the need to respond or comment
– I write messages because often times I do not have time to hold a conversation. In these messages I write my half of the conversation and hope to hear the other side of the conversation soon.
– I post things on my page because I figure that if I have a facebook I should strive to inspire people and build some community through it.
Email: Connecting with people to meet up or plan things
Tumblr: Here I post pictures, thoughts, and stuff for a few close friends to see (I don’t expect a ‘like’ or comment, but secretly always hope for one).
WordPress: To share my, and other people’s, thoughts hoping to inspire others. But honestly, its main purpose is to help me write more consistently.
What do you use Social Media for?
About Jeremiah DowlingI write poetry and take crazy pictures in an Orange Chair all over the United States while reading amazing books.
- Oh 'upfers' and their obsession with mulch. #PoconoTourism 2 days ago
- 6 inches of snow disappearing slowly 2 months ago
- Pennsylvania must have known it was the first day of spring, its giving out free ice just like Ritas. 2 months ago
- I'm loving all this fresh powder! 3 months ago
- I still like the snow. 3 months ago
- When Hobbes tries to pronounce R2-D2 and C-3PO he sounds like he is speaking droid. 3 months ago
- @brockwell81 Well, if you drive more than 2 hours at any point its a road trip ha... Is this connected to your Utah trip in April? 3 months ago
- @brockwell81 Hey!! That's my road trip!! Cheater! 3 months ago
- The joy of listening to the @RELEVANTpodcast talk about their new issue, and in the same moment opening the mail bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago
- Cheese, crackers and 'Wallace and Gromit' on a lazy afternoon. 3 months ago