Why I Use Social Media
The other night I had a conversation with Antonia about how she uses social media outlets, and this got me thinking of what I use different social media outlets for.
So here is my list:
Texting: Immediate communication or encouragement (The majority of the time I expect a response).
Twitter: Mostly things I want people to see, but without them feeling the need to respond or comment
– I write messages because often times I do not have time to hold a conversation. In these messages I write my half of the conversation and hope to hear the other side of the conversation soon.
– I post things on my page because I figure that if I have a facebook I should strive to inspire people and build some community through it.
Email: Connecting with people to meet up or plan things
Tumblr: Here I post pictures, thoughts, and stuff for a few close friends to see (I don’t expect a ‘like’ or comment, but secretly always hope for one).
WordPress: To share my, and other people’s, thoughts hoping to inspire others. But honestly, its main purpose is to help me write more consistently.
What do you use Social Media for?
About Jeremiah DowlingI write poetry and take crazy pictures in an Orange Chair all over the United States while reading amazing books.
- I can't imagine a world with only blue skies, where there is nothing like the rain to pull us inward. 1 month ago
- Want to wait 2 weeks for your washer delivery, get charged for a free delivery, and struggle to get your refund? Just use @Lowes 1 month ago
- As I write a poem about my cabin a man across the diner talks about his cabin in the same neck of the woods. 2 months ago
- A bald eagle and a rainbow around the sun. 3 months ago
- Andrew Belle just dropped a new album and is doing this sweet giveaway. Check it out! vy.tc/dn4sn64 3 months ago
- Sailing, wing night and jazz at the Deer Head. 3 months ago
- To have the chance to engage in a story and be left alone with my thoughts shapes me in more ways than I can even say. 4 months ago
- Fresh picked blueberries, fish and chips, cider and a classic novel. 5 months ago
- @RobbyDawesFC Sadly yes... wait hold on... someone is sending off black smoke signals... I've got to go... See you… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 months ago
- @RobbyDawesFC You want to know the kicker though... it's not penny's boat... 5 months ago