I was Journaling/Reading
This time last week I was journaling/reading:
Above is a picture of the stack of 15 books I was immersed this past week. Instead of going into great details about what I wrote, or read, I’m simply going to list these books out for you with a brief description. Hopefully from that you can get a taste of what I was thinking when I had my nose, or pen, pressed firmly into them:
(From top to bottom)
1. My Creative Journal: In this journal I sketched A LOT, wrote some of my poem ‘Year’ and wrote my poem ‘Hour’ out.
2. ‘Stars’: This book is my go too book for constellation hunting.
3. ‘Handbook on Faith, Hope, and Love’ by Saint Augustine: I would read this book every day after I read through my bible. It is a handbook written by Saint Augustine with short chapters on essentials to the Christian faith.
4. Question Journal: For each day of the week (5 days of it) Antonia and I handed each other an envelope with a question in it. I wrote all the answers to the questions in here.
5. Story Journal: This journal is new and was intended to help me write more of my short story (which I never did anything with), but instead I used it for writing out concepts for my poem ‘Hour’ before I wrote it.
6. Journey Journal: This journal was to write down observations about how I respond to life – whether that be in regards to my faith, my relationship, or whatever else I might observe.
7. Letter Journal: This journal was simply to write Antonia letters after she left.
8. Secret Journal: I can’t tell you anything about this one, its a secret.
9. Life Journal: This journal was to write out stuff I love about life as I discovered new moments and adventures.
10. ‘A Severe Mercy’ by Sheldon Vanauken: This is a book that Antonia and I read out-loud together.
11. ‘Peter Pan’ by J.M. Barrie: This book is the current novel that I am reading
12. ESV Bible: I just got a new ESV Thinline bible to read during the week of the cabin. I read through some of the book of Micah while I was there.
13. Daily Journal: This journal in my journal to document life and moments. I try to write in it every day that I might re-read it next year.
14. Travel Journal: This is a journal that Antonia and I fill up when we go on adventures.
15. Last Year’s Journal: This is my daily journal from last year. I would read through it each day to remember things experienced at this time last year and to see how things have changed since then.