What does it Meme?
Memes make me laugh. At first they were kind of cool, but now they just make me chuckle. They just seem so unoriginal anymore. At first there were only a few and they were creative, but now people use the same fonts and the same style pictures to generate messages that are, needless to say, kind of boring. Maybe I’m just a grump or don’t see the point, but I’m not a fan of memes. I’m a fan of real messages. A meme to me is a random picture with random words that have little, or no, value. But real messages have value. They have lots of thought go into them, they have intention, they have drive and purpose. Poems, prose, essays, and articles all have a depth that can rarely be found in these culturally addictive picture messages.
So I guess, in light of this, this questions presents itself: Isn’t it better to write creatively and be unnoticed than to have your words be a carbon copy of mass acceptance?
About Jeremiah DowlingI write poetry and take crazy pictures in an Orange Chair all over the United States while reading amazing books.
- Want to wait 2 weeks for your washer delivery, get charged for a free delivery, and struggle to get your refund? Just use @Lowes 22 hours ago
- As I write a poem about my cabin a man across the diner talks about his cabin in the same neck of the woods. 3 weeks ago
- A bald eagle and a rainbow around the sun. 1 month ago
- Andrew Belle just dropped a new album and is doing this sweet giveaway. Check it out! vy.tc/dn4sn64 1 month ago
- Sailing, wing night and jazz at the Deer Head. 1 month ago
- To have the chance to engage in a story and be left alone with my thoughts shapes me in more ways than I can even say. 2 months ago
- Fresh picked blueberries, fish and chips, cider and a classic novel. 3 months ago
- @RobbyDawesFC Sadly yes... wait hold on... someone is sending off black smoke signals... I've got to go... See you… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- @RobbyDawesFC You want to know the kicker though... it's not penny's boat... 3 months ago
- "For the present is the point at which time touches eternity." #TheScrewTapeLetters #CSLewis 3 months ago