What does it Meme?
Memes make me laugh. At first they were kind of cool, but now they just make me chuckle. They just seem so unoriginal anymore. At first there were only a few and they were creative, but now people use the same fonts and the same style pictures to generate messages that are, needless to say, kind of boring. Maybe I’m just a grump or don’t see the point, but I’m not a fan of memes. I’m a fan of real messages. A meme to me is a random picture with random words that have little, or no, value. But real messages have value. They have lots of thought go into them, they have intention, they have drive and purpose. Poems, prose, essays, and articles all have a depth that can rarely be found in these culturally addictive picture messages.
So I guess, in light of this, this questions presents itself: Isn’t it better to write creatively and be unnoticed than to have your words be a carbon copy of mass acceptance?
About Jeremiah DowlingI write poetry and take crazy pictures in an Orange Chair all over the United States while reading amazing books.
- Iced over driveways, sleds with metal runners, and an euphoric two year old. 5 days ago
- You know its been cold when 20 degrees feels like summer. 2 weeks ago
- When your son scratches your Dave Brubeck record you give him a 'Time Out' #JazzPun 1 month ago
- It seemed odd that my @classicpenguins copy of 'To a God Unknown' by John Steinbeck had ended with a comma, turns o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- I can't imagine a world with only blue skies, where there is nothing like the rain to pull us inward. 2 months ago
- Want to wait 2 weeks for your washer delivery, get charged for a free delivery, and struggle to get your refund? Just use @Lowes 3 months ago
- As I write a poem about my cabin a man across the diner talks about his cabin in the same neck of the woods. 3 months ago
- A bald eagle and a rainbow around the sun. 4 months ago
- Andrew Belle just dropped a new album and is doing this sweet giveaway. Check it out! vy.tc/dn4sn64 4 months ago
- Sailing, wing night and jazz at the Deer Head. 4 months ago