What does it Meme?
Memes make me laugh. At first they were kind of cool, but now they just make me chuckle. They just seem so unoriginal anymore. At first there were only a few and they were creative, but now people use the same fonts and the same style pictures to generate messages that are, needless to say, kind of boring. Maybe I’m just a grump or don’t see the point, but I’m not a fan of memes. I’m a fan of real messages. A meme to me is a random picture with random words that have little, or no, value. But real messages have value. They have lots of thought go into them, they have intention, they have drive and purpose. Poems, prose, essays, and articles all have a depth that can rarely be found in these culturally addictive picture messages.
So I guess, in light of this, this questions presents itself: Isn’t it better to write creatively and be unnoticed than to have your words be a carbon copy of mass acceptance?
About Jeremiah DowlingI write poetry and take crazy pictures in an Orange Chair all over the United States while reading amazing books.
- The beauty when storms turn to blue skies while wake boarding at the lake. 2 weeks ago
- Trying to be the 'Listener of the Week' on the @RELEVANTpodcast is like a high school dating relationship... Are th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Oh 'upfers' and their obsession with mulch. #PoconoTourism 2 months ago
- 6 inches of snow disappearing slowly 4 months ago
- Pennsylvania must have known it was the first day of spring, its giving out free ice just like Ritas. 5 months ago
- I'm loving all this fresh powder! 5 months ago
- I still like the snow. 5 months ago
- When Hobbes tries to pronounce R2-D2 and C-3PO he sounds like he is speaking droid. 5 months ago
- @brockwell81 Well, if you drive more than 2 hours at any point its a road trip ha... Is this connected to your Utah trip in April? 5 months ago
- @brockwell81 Hey!! That's my road trip!! Cheater! 5 months ago