What does it Meme?
Memes make me laugh. At first they were kind of cool, but now they just make me chuckle. They just seem so unoriginal anymore. At first there were only a few and they were creative, but now people use the same fonts and the same style pictures to generate messages that are, needless to say, kind of boring. Maybe I’m just a grump or don’t see the point, but I’m not a fan of memes. I’m a fan of real messages. A meme to me is a random picture with random words that have little, or no, value. But real messages have value. They have lots of thought go into them, they have intention, they have drive and purpose. Poems, prose, essays, and articles all have a depth that can rarely be found in these culturally addictive picture messages.
So I guess, in light of this, this questions presents itself: Isn’t it better to write creatively and be unnoticed than to have your words be a carbon copy of mass acceptance?
About Orange Chair AdventuresI take pictures in an Orange Chair all over the United States while reading amazing books...
- Sometimes you need to forget a few things in order to focus on things you've neglected. 1 month ago
- 3 goals in 3 mins just before the buzzer to head into OT! That's my kind of hockey! 1 month ago
- I write down quotes as some would bury treasure, undisturbed beneath layers of monotony until the moment of discovery. 2 months ago
- Enjoying the beech on the pocono boardwalk. 2 months ago
- It is strange waking up and thinking you should be driving somewhere a few states away. #RoadtripLag 2 months ago
- We tripped over our last stretch of road, now time to unpack. 2 months ago
- Antonia drew a polar bear on the window with a window marker and said, 'I drew a polar bear in case we get LOST.' 2 months ago
- Trucks that carry highway exit signs have a hard time hiding where they are going. 2 months ago
- Antonia interupted my talking to say, 'Hold on I'm counting vegatables!' 2 months ago
- Don't pick up pirate hitchhikers in Arkansas. 2 months ago