Passion Day 3 – Notes
* The following are my notes from 1-4-12 at Passion 2012*
v. 10 – Workmanship means:
1. We are not finished yet.
2. We are a masterpiece
3. We have a purpose
We are a workmanship created to do good works! Prepared in advance for us… For his glory!
v. 18-20 – Access; no longer foreigners, aliens or strangers; now members with God’s people, built on the foundation of Jesus Christ and the apostles.
Built of Jesus
- We are all a family, part of a global family, and we are all, as this family, a part of history. God is moving. He has been working. He has been on the move and its our time to take part in God’s great story!
- Everything we are needs to be on the foundation of Jesus. It is all through, in and to him and his glory!!
v.21-22 – The building is joined and RISES to become God’s holy temple!!
We are the people of God marked by the presence of God!!
Pause, Be Still, Wait
- When our hearts get bigger lusts get smaller
- We are made to make God’s glory known
- “All human beings were created to put God’s infinite beauty/value on display.”
- Seeing and savoring the supremacy of God frees you from the slavery of sin for the sacrifice of love
- Being satisfied in the supremacy of God frees you from the slavery of sin for the sacrifice of love
- Believing in the supremacy of God frees you from the slavery of sin for the sacrifice of love
- Seeing and savoring Jesus, satisfaction in Jesus, and believing in Jesus are all equivalent realities.
- True belief is satisfying and is seeing savoring all God is!
- (John 6:35; John 1:12; Hebrews 11:6)
- “Coming is a geographical metaphor”
- This satisfaction is a gift not a decision
- Faith is a childlike dependance … If this is true it means that coming to Jesus requires a resurrection from the dead.
- What is Freedom? What is free-will? (Conversion, faith, being saved is a gift)
- We are so in love with the darkness (before Christ) that we are morally incapable of finding God. We need a resurrection.
- God doesn’t save us to be neutral. God saves us to see and savor the essence of who he is.
- Freedom is being so in love with Christ that you do what you want and it aligns with his essence and character.
- Freedom is not suspension it is resurrection in Christ.
- The struggle of choice, however, is a necessary evil temporal to this earth
- It is a miraculous gift for the taste buds of our soul
- (Deity; eternality; knowledge; wisdom; authority; providence; word; power; purity; trustworthiness; justice; patience; sovereign servant obedience; meekness/lowliness/tenderness; wrath; grace; love; inexhaustible gladness; etc…”
- There isn’t one square-inch on this earth that doesn’t reveal the supremacy of Christ
3. Free from Sin –
- (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- We just need to see to be changed, but we must see through and by Christ.
- Little hearts give lusts big power; Big hearts give lusts little power.
- Your heart has to see
4. Freed for the Sacrifices of Love –
- (Hebrews 10:34)
- We get here because we see Jesus and his will as the greatest inheritance and worth the greatest sacrifice.
His name and his renown is the desire of our heart
* Session 5 was simply reading through the book of Ephesians, which was really cool, and everyone stood up while we read through the whole book. Session 6 was some interviews where people told their stories. I didn’t take much notes for this. *