Passion Day 2 – Notes
Below are the notes I took from Day 2 of Passion 2012:
Community Group (Ephesians 2:1-7):
v.1 – “As for you, you were dead…” We weren’t just wrongdoers, but were unable to please or respond to God. We were dead…
v. 2 -3: We were caught in the current; forfeiting our souls; deserving of God’s wrath; hopeless; without God in this world.
v. 4-5: Even though this was going on God saved us. “But God…” We were all dead, “but God” revived us. Rich in mercy and love and grace. His character, his purposes, his renown!
v. 6-7: Seated with him; incomparable riches; raised us up (a higher standard); expressed kindness; what we don’t deserve.
Godlessness ———-> God’s Filling Presence
Session 2: Beth Moore
“Let this dome become a pool and let us be baptized in it.”
- “Let this dome become a pool and let us be baptized in it.”
- Luke 8
- 12 years of youth lost; 12 years of pain in need of healing
- “You are incapable of going unnoticed by God” We are not hidden from God, he knows us and he knows the depths of our needs.
- Our greatest area of need tends to be our deepest secret that we are scared to bring to the surface. This is what needs the most healing in our lives, yet we try to hide it
- This woman was defiled and unclean and whatever she touched was unclean.
- We are a people called to be clean, having been sexually, verbally, and relationally abused by the whole system of this unclean world.
- You cannot be unclean enough to mess Jesus up … Jesus Christ is clean enough for the both of us.
- This woman reached out and grabbed onto the tassels that represented the holy purity of Jesus, and instead of it making him unclean it healed her of her disease.
- Hebrews 10:19-22
- We must not live in our brokenness we must remember that we have been cleansed.
- “Once we explain something we can master it, but we cannot master him.” or explain his ways.
- “It was the faith that drove the touch that welcomed the healing.”
- Power left him to heal the woman, but Jesus is never short of the power to heal all who need it.
Session 3: Christine Caine
- If you reduce someone to a nameless faceless number they are easy to ignore.
- If you give a name to a nameless faceless number, however, everything changes.
- If that name is your child what wouldn’t you do to find and rescue them?
- Compassion is never compassion until you get up and do something, and intersect with the lives of those who are in need.
- If we are still broken then we cannot rescue the broken of this world. But we who are rescued can make a difference in the lives of the broken.
Session 4: Francis Chan
- We can do this if we refuse to be reserved and we have to get ugly.
- We need to read read read read read and study the bible for ourselves. We must rely on the Holy Spirit to teach us, not just man nor ourselves.
- 1 Kings 13:15; 22:6
- Can we stand on the Word of God and teach the truth with confidence? Or are we too easily swayed by the teachings of man?
- 1 Timothy 1:6-7
- What if you actually did the things God intends for you to do? Do you take the world of God literally? Do you take if for all its worth? At face value?
- 1 Samuel 13
- Are we adventurers? Making disciples? Living out God’s Word? Making a difference? Or are we the last group that fights when the enemy is fleeing?