Passion Day 1 – Notes
Below are my notes from Session 1 on Passion 2012:
Session 1 – Louie Giglio
- If what happens here in the dome doesn’t trickle back to the dorm then what is the point?
- When the news of Jesus spreads from here throughout the country we know that God is at work in, around and through us.
- They were quietly worshipful and noisily grateful.
- “At this moment Jesus is intersecting with our lives.” Are we intersecting with the life of Jesus?
- Luke 7:11-17 – Jesus is looking to touch you and raise you from your coffin (from your stretcher). His touch alone can heal you. “Rise up out of the ashes and live.”
- The enemy comes to seek, kill and destroy, but Jesus won’t allow the funeral to take place. His is intersecting with the funeral procession and bringing life back to that which was dead.
- “The gospel in its purest sense is Jesus raising the dead.”
- “Christ did everything for us because we were dead and could do nothing for ourselves.”
- When Jesus healed the boy in Luke 7 the news of Jesus, not the news of the boy spread throughout the countryside.
- From ashes to beauty, through, and to, and for Christ!!
Ephesians 5:15 It’s time to Rise Up!!
Recommended Passion songs to listen to today:
– Here for you by Christ Tomlin (Follow him at @christomlin)
– All my Fountains by Christ Tomlin (Make sure you clap right!)
– Always by Kristian Stanfill (Follow him at @kpstanfill)